New Survey of 250 Retailers Measures Merchandising Quality and Impact on Sales
BOSTON – (Jan. 15, 2018) – One Door, the leading provider of cloud-based merchandising software for retail, today released the results of its annual merchandising survey at NRF 2018. This survey of 250 retailers, conducted with a third-party research firm, uncovers the key merchandising behaviors of “Winners”, retailers that delivered the greatest year-over-year store sales growth.
In the 2017 survey One Door established the industry’s first-ever Merchandising Execution Maturity Benchmark, providing retailers with a way to assess their merchandising practices, from assortment planning at headquarters to execution and compliance measurement in stores, against their peers. This year, to uncover areas where merchandising process transformation can have the most impact, the survey identifies merchandising behaviors and practices with the highest correlation to sales.
“As retailers face new demands fueled by the growth of online and the acceleration of consumer trends, many are struggling to adapt their merchandising practices to keep up,” said E.Y. Snowden, president and CEO of One Door. “This year’s survey reveals a new store-centric merchandising ‘code of conduct’ that retailers can follow to be successful in today’s hyper-competitive industry.”
According to the 2018 One Door Merchandising Execution survey, Retail Winners exhibit the following behaviors as part of merchandising success:
- They use accurate digital models of exact store layouts and fixture locations when planning merchandising campaigns
- They recognize the link between merchandising execution and sales improvement and organize, train, operate, and incent employees accordingly
- They apply data to the entire merchandising process, from assortment planning to compliance measurement
- They communicate more frequently and encourage two-way store communication as a critical part of the merchandising process
- They employ digital tools to streamline and automate manual operations in all facets of merchandising execution
To read the full survey report, please visit http://info.onedoor.com/MX-Survey-Brief
To learn more about One Door, please visit www.onedoor.com